"Now, for the rest of my life, I know that I gave my sister a first class funeral, one that will be remembered by all... You guided me in such a loving, caring way that I will always remember your sincerity, your professionalism, your kindness, your sensitivity, your creative mind..."--Cindy Smith, Brooklyn
"...the memory of that farewell ceremony in that lovely Green-Wood chapel will stay with me forever. I felt surrounded by such peace and lightness...no regrets, no grieving (that came later). Thank you for making this experience possible and guiding me and the family with such a gentle, caring spirit."--L.G. and family, Manhattan
"You were such a calm presence in the storm; I'll never forget your warmth and kindness."--Jo Allen, Arlington Virginia
"Even though you never knew [my husband], there is an affinity that he would truly appreciate." --M.M., Brooklyn
"Families who want a funeral service that’s out of the ordinary will want to connect with Amy Cunningham. She’s known for offering natural burials, home vigils, multi-faith services, alternative rituals – anything that makes celebrating a life lived more personalized and more meaningful. --Funeral One, January, 2015
"Thank you for making this painful event one that honors my husband as well as the earth from which he came." E.S.
"Amy Cunningham IS green burial in New York."--Don Byrne, Piedmont Pine Caskets
- "We've Mastered Weddings, but the Funeral Needs a Lot of Work," Quartz, April 2017.
- A Friendly Place to Talk about the End, Village Voice, March 2017.
- Discuss Your Fears While Eating Cookies, by Eliza Relman, The Gothamist, February 2017.
- Eight Things Funeral Directors Want You to Know, by Gail Rubin, January 2017.
- Start-ups Take Rites from the Funeral Home to the Family Home, NYTimes business section, January 2016.
- Why Millenials Want Greener Funerals, Refinery 29, October 2016.
- From Perfunctory Transfer to Transformative Experience, ICCFA magazine.
- Amy's Funeral Etiquette Do's and Don'ts via Mental_Floss, January 2016
- “The Nine Most Innovative Funeral Professionals,” Funeral One Blog, January 2015.
- “The Rise of Back-to-Basics Funerals,” a profile of Amy and description of her decision to start helping families plan funerals in NYTimes Styles Section March 2014.
- On Reviving Old Funeral Customs and Driving That Hearse: Jamie Yuenger interviews Amy about old and new approaches for StoryKeep, September 2015.
- Tips on Cultivating a Good Relationship with Your Funeral Director, Seven Ponds Blog, October, 2014
- Rewiring the Way We Look at Death, RewireMe.com, July 2014.
- “On Point,” NPR’s Jessica Yellin interviews Amy, April 2014.
- From Magazines to End-of-life Celebrations, May 2013.
- “The Greenest Things to Do with Your Body After You Die,” Atlantic Monthly, December 2013.
"The Rise of Back-to-Basics Funerals," March 12, 2014, New York Times. Photo of funeral director Amy Cunningham by Karsten Moran.